Friday 19 March 2010

Kombucha and Apples

I've just bottled my latest batch of Kombucha and have added a good dose of freshly juiced apples to 3 of the bottles I've made. I've laid them on their side to give the greatest surface area exposed to the yeast products left in the brew. I've kept these next to a new batch of Kombucha where it is warm and once a day I'm sharply turning the bottles a quarter turn to expose the apple pulp to the yeast products. A bit of a vain attempt at the Champagne Method.

My intentions are to leave this Kombucha to ferment for another 5 days with a turn a day before I take them out of their nice warm location and store them upright with my other bottles in the coolness of the under sink cupboard. This will give the contents a chance to settle before I consume. The way I'm producing Kombucha at present I'm going to have to either drink more or reduce the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment