Thursday 18 February 2010

How Is The Green Tea Kombucha Coming On?

It has been just 5 days since I started my batch of Green Tea Kombucha and already the level (bare in mind I was making a triple batch (6 Litres)) has dropped down to 5 1/2 Litres. This is a result of 1. the temperature of the Kombucha process and 2. the Kombucha needs to drink too. Later on today I will be taking a sample to test for Ph and taste. If you can remember from the video below, I'm looking for a Ph of 3.0 using the Ph strips. I'm also look for a not too sweet a taste with a slight 'zing' to it. 

As I am doing a triple batch, I'm not expecting the Kombucha to be ready just yet. Hopefully though, the conditions that it has been in, dark space in the warmth (heat pad), the culture should be 'happy' and could possibly be ready. We shall see.


Looking at these pictures below, you can see from the glass, a lovely clean sample with a slight sediment from the Kombucha. This is entirely normal. As for the Ph, the sample part at the center of the strip, is showing a purple sign around about 4.0. So not quite ready. As for the taste, it is still sweet and not quite got that tingle or zing. So I'll come back to this after a couple more days.





No comments:

Post a Comment